We are situated at 411 Hastings Street, one road back from Marine Parade.
Please don't hesitate to contact us.
David and Astrid Honnor
BK's Fountain Court Motor Inn
411 Hastings Street,
Napier, New Zealand.
Phone: +64 6 835 7387
Fax: +64 6 835 0323
0508 411 000
About Hawke's Bay
The Hawke's Bay region encompasses the area around Hawke's Bay on the east coast of the North Island.
This region is known for its sunny climate, sheltered coastal plains and long-established vineyards. It is also one of the country's largest pip fruit-growing areas.
Napier, the main city of the region was razed by an earthquake and fire in 1931, and rebuilt in the art deco style fashionable at the time. What makes Napier so special is that it has one of the largest concentrations of art deco buildings in the world.
A unique attraction is the Cape Kidnappers gannet sanctuary, the largest mainland colony in the world. It can be reached by 4WD vehicles, tractor and trailer, unimog or four-wheel motorbike, and at low tide on foot.
Check out www.gannets.com
The Art Deco Walk is a permanent attraction, but each February there is the Art Deco Weekend, a not too serious celebration of the art deco style.
The Hawke's Bay vineyards are all within a short distance of Napier and Hastings cities, with over 30 open to the public for wine tasting. Many also operate cafes and restaurants in both indoor and outdoor settings. The region is especially known for its fine chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon varieties. Two of the best wineries close to BK's Fountain Court Motor Lodge are Church Road Winery and the Mission Estate.
www.churchroad.co.nz and www.missionestate.co.nz
- Art Deco Walk, Napier
- Marine Parade, Napier
- National Aquarium
- Visit to Winery, Hastings/Napier
- Cape Kidnappers gannet sanctuary
- Hawke's Bay Museum, Napier
- Te Mata Peak - for expansive views over the countryside and the Bay
- Country Gardens, Central Hawke's Bay
- Bike ride the Ocean Walk/Cycle with Takaro Trails - pick up your own bike and explore the Hawke's Bay region. There are many different trails to ride. www.takarotrails.co.nz
- National Aquarium of New Zealand - New Zealand's largest display of aquatic life and unique New Zealand wildlife, including sharks, piranha, crocodile, kiwi and tuatara. A fun and educational place to visit for all the family. Open 9am-5pm 7 days (except Christmas Day). www.nationalaquarium.co.nz
- Laserforce Napier - is an action laser tag game located in Napier, Hawke's Bay for family entertainment, birthday parties, corporate team building, holiday fun. www.laserforcehb.co.nz
- Ocean Spa Hot Pools - is Hawke's Bays premium heated salt chlorinated pool complex. www.oceanspa.co.nz
- Splash Planet - Hawke's Bay's number one family attraction, with an awesome water theme park and fun dry rides too. A whole day's fun in Hastings. www.splashplanet.co.nz
- Hawke's Bay Farmer's Market is another must-visit when in The Bay - Â there's nothing fresher or finer than a barrow-load of food from the Hawke's Bay Farmer's Market!
Shop for a wide range of fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, bread, eggs, pickles and preserves straight from the producer.
Thousands of locals and busloads of visitors soak up the friendly, relaxed atmosphere of a traditional village market every Sunday morning.
- Napier Prison Tours -The historic prison is located on Napier's Bluff Hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean and beautiful Centennial Gardens. View the old quarry where the inmates used work their hard days' labour to build the walls that would keep them imprisoned. Napier Prison is just a few minute's walk to the town centre and Marine Parade. Guided tours are available at 9.30am and 3pm and audiotourz are available every day from 9am-9pm (last entry at 8pm).
There are also plenty of free family activities to do in Hawke's Bay - the large playground just one block from us on Marine Parade will keep the kids entertained for hours. Visit Pania on the Reef and walk in the lovely gardens along the ocean front.
Drive to the top of Bluff Hill for great views over Hawke Bay to Mahia Peninsula in the North and Cape Kidnappers in the south and see a fantastic view of the Napier port at work with many big ships coming and going.
Walk the Ahuriri Estuary and enjoy the abundant bird life, a great walk taking only 45 minutes and only a 10-minute drive from BK's Fountain Court Motor Lodge.